An Air Waybill is a paper ticket containing your collection and delivery details as well as a unique tracking number.
You only need to tell us the weight of your shipment if it is greater than the weight booked.
The size allowance (‘Max Dims’) for each weight for boxes and suitcases are:
|Weight||Box Size cm*||Suitcase Size cm*|
‘Max Dims’ = Length plus Breadth plus Height Measurements must be at greatest points
Nothing. Simply have your items ready to go and ensure that the Air Waybill (shipping label) is attached to your luggage.
Please note that the following items must be packed in an airline compatible shipping box
• Golf bags
• Ski boots
• Musical instruments
We offer this service (subject to suitable port facilities and local handling costs which we confirm with the individual cruise company) and an administration fee of GBP 45.00 (plus Tax if applicable) is added to our usual cost We require the following additional information:
• Cruise line
• Vessel name
• Date and port of departure
• Date and port of arrival
• Animals (including birds, fish, insects, larvae, pupae etc.).
• Animal products (including but not limited to ivory, fur and garments trimmed with fur).
• Antiques and art works.
• Complete firearms and firearm parts, ammunition, explosives, weapons.
• Dangerous / hazardous goods (including but not limited to perfumes, aftershaves, aerosols, flammable substances, loose lithium batteries, dry ice, biological substances, UN classified dangerous goods and any goods specified as such under International Air Transport Association regulations (“IATA”), the Agreement on Dangerous Goods by Road (“ADR”) or International Maritime Dangerous Goods (“IMDG”) regulations.
• Flowers and plant products.
• Human remains or ashes.
• Illegal goods (these are goods which are considered illegal in the origin, the transit points and / or the destination countries and would include but not be limited to pirated goods, counterfeit goods and narcotics).
• Imitation (replica) firearms, toy guns, weapons, explosive devices or ammunition.
• Medical samples (including but not limited to bodily fluids and tissue samples).
• Negotiable instruments in bearer form (including but not limited to bank notes, currency, vouchers).
• Perishable items that require a temperature-controlled environment.
• Prescription drugs and pharmaceutical products.
• Foodstuffs, perishable food articles and beverages requiring refrigeration or other environmental control, including, but not limited to: Wine, Beer, Spirits and Champagne.
• Packages that are wet, leak or emit an odour of any kind or packages wrapped in Kraft paper.
No – pressurised containers are not permitted to be packed in unaccompanied luggage, including deodorants and hairsprays.
No – items containing alcohol (including perfumes and aftershaves) are not permitted to be packed in unaccompanied luggage.
No – alkaline batteries are not permitted. Please ensure these are removed from any items you have packed.
Yes – Call BagsDirect Customer Support on +44 1895 450184 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for price and service details.
Yes, you can ship items such as:
• Windsurf and sails
• Hanging gliders
• Pole vaults, etc
For prices and further details please contact email@example.com
Extra-large items must be packed in a travel case specifically designed for that piece of equipment. When contacting us please have details of weight and size of item(s) to be shipped (size and weight details required are length, width and height – including packaging)
If you cancel your order, no refund is payable by the Company and depending on the circumstances, the Company may also charge a cancellation fee to cover administrative charges of £25.00 (plus VAT at the prevailing rate, where applicable).
Yes, there are many freight companies that will arrange the transportation of your luggage. However, unlike BagsDirect, this is not their primary source of business and as such you may have to follow lengthy procedures in order to ship your items. This may involve having to box and weigh your goods, and having to complete complex Air Waybills, Customs Documents and Invoices where requested by Customs as well as possibly having to drop your luggage at the freight company’s location.
Luggage may be xrayed for security purposes and any camera film or other items may be harmed by the radiation from the xrays.